Gynaecological Oncology Surgeon
of secretary/PA: Rebecca.email@example.com
of secretary/PA: 0161 446 8045
MB; ChB; MRCOG; MD
Started at The Christie (Year)
Gynaecological oncology surgeon at The Christie, lead colposcopist at Liverpool Women’s NHS Trust.
Miss Decruze qualified from Sheffield University in 1994, completed specialist training in obstetrics and gynaecology 2005 then acquired sub-specialist accreditation for Gynaecological Oncology in 2009.
She worked in Liverpool Women’s NHS Trust Cancer Centre from 2011 to 2019 as consultant gynaecological oncologist before joining the gynaecology surgical team at The Christie in 2020.
She continues to be lead colposcopist for Liverpool Women’s NHS Trust and manages complex colposcopy cases.
Her areas of interest include development of cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC in ovarian cancer and sentinel node dissection in both endometrial and vulval cancer.
Endometrial cancer, HIPEC in ovarian cancer
- High AGR2 protein is a feature of low grade endometrial cancer cells. A Kamal, A Valentjin, R Barraclough, P Rudland, N Rahmatalla, P Martin-Hirsch, H Stringfellow, SB Decruze, D Hapangama. Oncotarget 2018 Jul. 31; 9(59):31459-31472
- Harmonisation of Biobanking Standards in Endometrial Cancer Research. M Adishesh, A Fyson, SB Decruze, J Kirwan, ENITEC Consortium, HMJ Werger, DK Hpangama. British Journal of Cancer 2017:117; 485-493.
- Androgen receptors are acquired by healthy postmenopausal endometrial epithelium and their subsequent loss in endometrial cancer is associated with poor survival. AM Kamal, JN Bulmer, SB Decruze, HF Stringfellow, P Martin-Hirsch, DK Hapangama. British Journal of Cancer (2016) 114, 688-696.
- Paracentesis in Ovarian Cancer: a study of the physiology during free drainage of ascites. SB Decruze, R Macdonald, G Smith, JJ Herod. Journal Palliative Medicine 2010; 13(3): 251-254.
- Hormone therapy in advanced and recurrent endometrial cancer: a systematic review. SB Decruze, JA Green. International Journal of Gynecological Oncology 2007; 17(5):964-978.
- Ovarian Cancer. SB Decruze, JM Kirwan. Current Obstetrics& Gynaecology 2006; 16(3): 161-167.
- Prevention of vaginal stenosis in patients following vaginal brachytherapy. SB Decruze, D Guthrie, R Magnani. Clinical Oncology 1999; 11(1): 46-48.
The Christie Private Care
Miss Decruze also practises privately at The Christie Private Care
- Contact: 0161 768 8046 or 0161 393 3939
- Email: Bridget.firstname.lastname@example.org