Consultant Clinical Oncologist
0161 446 8323
BMedSc (hons), MBChB (hons), MRCP, FRCR, PGCert (Medical Leadership)
Prostate cancer, bladder cancer, sarcoma cancer, proton beam therapy, stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR)
Started at The Christie (Year)
At The Christie:
- Hormone therapy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy for patients with prostate and bladder cancer.
- Photon and proton beam radiotherapy for patients with sarcoma cancer.
- Stereotactic radiotherapy for cancer in the pelvis.
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion board member.
Visiting consultant at Stepping Hill Hospital to provide treatments to patients with prostate and bladder cancer.
Dr Croxford graduated from the University of Birmingham with honours and worked in London for 4 years before undertaking his postgraduate oncology training in the North West Deanery from 2016 to 2022. He undertook a stereotactic radiotherapy fellowship at The Christie, developing new radiotherapy treatments, before becoming a consultant in April 2022.
Dr Croxford has been awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence for patient feedback in 2019 and has a keen interest in developing equality, diversity and inclusion for patients and staff.
- Dr Croxford's publications in The Christie research publications repository
- Croxford W et al. Splenogonadal Fusion Presenting Clinically and Radiologically as a Seminoma. Urol Case Rep. 2015; 3(6): 204–205. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eucr.2015.06.007.
- Lees C, Tuthill M, Croxford W, Sharkey R, Newsom-Davis T. Lung Cancer Diagnosis in the Acute Setting. Lung Cancer supplement. 2014; 83(1):S42. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-5002(14)70043-1.