Consultant in Medical Oncology and Honorary Senior Lecturer
- Co-Chair of the Breast Disease Group
- Chair Breast Disease Research Group
- Member of the University of Manchester Education Committee (Cancer Studies)
- Principal Investigator Manchester Breast Centre
- Member of the NCRN Breast Clinical Studies Group
- Expert Member of the Greater Manchester South Research Ethics Committee
- Member of the NICE Familial Breast Cancer Guideline Development Group
- Visiting Oncologist to Mid-Cheshire NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Armstrong is a Consultant Medical Oncologist specialising in breast cancer.
After qualifying from Bristol Universityin 1995, she underwent specialist training here at The Christie. Dr Armstrong was awarded a PhD from The University of Manchester in 2002 investigating the use of vaccines against cancer.
In 2007 she was appointed as a Consultant Medical Oncologist at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust and subsequently as an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester.
Dr Armstrong is actively involved in clinical research and is a member of the NCRN Breast Clinical Studies Group and the NICE Familial Breast Cancer Guideline Development Group.
Principal Investigator for a broad portfolio of phase I-III studies within the breast disease group (lead for investigational agents for triple-negative trials) Qualitative studies into fertility concerns after a diagnosis of breast cancer
Sub-speciality interest in fertility after a diagnosis of breast cancer
The Christie Private Care
Dr. Armstrong also practises privately at The Christie Private Care
- Contact: 0161 918 7296
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org