- The Policy also identifies when and where your data may be shared with third party organisations. Partner Institutions who currently provide services to The School of Oncology Events Team include; Goldvision, Eventbrite, ON24 and SurveyMonkey.
- For some events delivered by The School of Oncology Events Team, there may be additional permissions which we need to collect from you; this is generally in relation to events which have some promotional content delivered by members of the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industries (APBI).
- Third parties may also gather information about you, and you should consult those other parties’ privacy policies as appropriate and applicable.
Collection of Information
- When you sign up to The School of Oncology (SoO) mailing list we collect, store and use certain of your personal information in line with this policy.
- To register to the SoO mailing list, we ask for your name, email address, job role, location and areas of interest. This information is then stored on the Goldvision database. This information will help us to tailor the service to suit you.
Use of Your Information
- By registering for the School of Oncology mailing list, signing up to an event, responding to or participating in any survey or questionnaire sent to you by us, you agree that your personal information may be collected, stored, used and shared by us and our partners, course and content providers, or third parties we work with, for any of the following purposes:
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of the School of Oncology Events.
- to fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us and any third party who has commissioned the education on your behalf;
- to send you details of modules, study days and events which we think may interest you, unless you opt out as described at paragraph 9.1.3 below.
- to manage the personal account that you hold with us;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to contact you occasionally in order to invite you to share your opinions and experiences of the School of Oncology
We may use your email address to send you notices and updates about our services.
- Where we are delivering a service on behalf of a member of the ABPI, which includes promotional materials, we will ask for specific permission. This is in line with industry guidance.
Storage of Information
- All information is stored on secure servers.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you/on your behalf via a third party purchaser or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties when permitted by law including:
- with your consent;
- our provider of customer relationship management services (which allows us, for example, to send personalised email communications to you);
- These organisations’ use of your personal data may be subject to their own privacy policies, which are available on their websites.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with accreditation by external bodies, i.e. Royal College of General Practitioners).
- In line with the fifth data protection principle, when we have no ongoing legitimate need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- You have the following data protection rights:
- You can edit your personal details via the ‘manage your preferences’ option link on the emails we send to you or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org . We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your personal information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or our partners.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the ‘Contact us’ heading below.
- You may unsubscribe from certain email communications by following the Unsubscribe link in the email communication itself. You may also email us at email@example.com in order to access, correct, delete or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- The School of Oncology may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- You may obtain a copy of your personal data that we have collected and this will be returned in a commonly used electronic form. If you wish to access your personal data then you will need to make a request in writing to the address found under the heading 13.1 Contact us.
- Partner institutions that support The School of Oncology may carry out research on your use of the site. Research will always be conducted in accordance with current best practice.
- Contacting The School of Oncology Events Team
Ms Natalie Connor
Education Events Programme Manager
The Christie School of Oncology, Events Team
Manchester M20 4BX