A period of structured transition for the newly registered practitioner during which he or she will be supported by a preceptor, to develop their confidence as an autonomous professional, refine skills, values and behaviour and to continue on their journey of life-long learning.
Preceptorship is for:
- Newly registered nurses
- Allied Health Professionals
- Health Care Scientists
- Professionals returning to work after a prolonged period out of the profession
- Preceptorship for Non Medical Health Care Professionals Policy highlights the trust standard and process that must be followed.
- Preceptorship Record must be used to document feedback, progress given, action plans and identified objectives to achieve.
- Study days/sessions available for preceptees to attend (external applicants welcomed)
- Introduction to Chemotherapy
- Introduction to Radiotherapy
- Introduction to Supportive Care/ Palliative Care
- Clinical Skills Training
- Patricia Kelly, Clinical Skills Training Manager
- Tel: 0161 446 8237