Being a member is an ideal way of finding out about all the excellent work we do at The Christie and gives you the chance to express your views on our services and any changes we plan to make to them.
Through our members and the Council of Governors, we listen and respond to the views of our patients, carers, neighbours and staff. For more information please visit our website here;
The type of information the Trust may hold about its membership and Governors
- Person Identifiable data – name, date of birth, gender, ethnicity
- Contact details – address, telephone number, email address
By providing the Trust with your contact details, you are consenting to the Trust using these details as a means of communicating with you.
In addition - Governors only
- Next of kin details
- Bank account (for payment of expenses)
- National insurance number
- Member of a political party / directorships / potential conflicts of interest
- Vehicle details (for car parking & expenses)
- DBS information including copies of identification / proof of address (restricted)
In order to assist us with keeping accurate information about you please tell us if your personal details change – address, telephone number, so that we can update your details.
Use of your data
The law requires us to identify a ‘legal basis’ for processing your data. The legal basis for the above processing is
- ‘Task in public interest / exercise of official authority’: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for official functions. This relates to us being a Foundation Trust and as such having to have a membership and council of governors as part of the governance arrangements of the Trust.
- ‘Public task’ the trust needs the information in order to know whether we are complying with our legal obligation to take steps to ensure that the trust’s membership is representative.
Your information will only be held and used for the purposes of Membership and Governor requirements and activities.
We will use your information to contact you to keep you informed of what is happening within the Trust, send you Headlines magazine and inform you of forthcoming elections for governors, providing you with the opportunity to nominate yourself when your constituency comes up for election and to vote in governor elections when they take place.
We will retain your information in line with the Department of Health Retention Schedule.
How to raise a concern
If you wish to discuss any other issues regarding your data or have cause for complaint the contact details are:
- Data Protection Officer, Trust Administration, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0161 446 3043