The Fundraising Standards Board Fundraising Promise is a promise made by members of the Fundraising Standards Board scheme to the public, committing to the highest standards of practice, and ensuring that all their activities are open and fair, honest and legal.
By signing up to the Fundraising Standards Board scheme, we (the charity) agree to adhere to the Fundraising Promise when raising funds.
Our fundraising promise confirms to you our:
- Commitment to maintaining high standards, complying to laws applying to data protection, health & safety and the environment
- Honesty and openness in doing what we say we are going to do and answering all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs
- Clarity on who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Respectfulness of the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- Commitment to being fair and reasonable – not using images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- Accountability for our actions – if you are unhappy with anything we have done whilst fundraising you can contact us to make a complaint and, if we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication