The team aims to give patients access to a wide range of clinical trials through all stages of their disease. These studies include chemotherapy, biological therapies and radiotherapy and will be investigating new novel agents, new combinations of agents and innovative radiotherapy techniques. As a team we run a variety of phase 1 to phase 3 trials.
Many of our studies may also look at quality of life, ensuring this aspect is considered alongside the tolerability and efficacy of new treatments.
We are also building a portfolio of innovative immunotherapy studies, ensuring our patients have access to new breakthrough agents, and ensuring we are delivering personalised medicine to patients.
We have built strong links with our industry partners to ensure that we have access to the latest trials and can deliver these pioneering trials to our patients. We are also a chief investigator (CI) site for a large number of our trials. This means that our local principal investigator (PI) has overall responsibility for the conduct of the trial in the UK
The OG research team comprises medical oncologists, clinical oncologists, research fellows, research nurses and clinical trial coordination staff.
For further information on our principal investigators (PIs) see the profiles below:
We publish regular research newsletters. This helps us keep our colleagues in Greater Manchester aware of the most up-to-date studies we have available and can refer any patients they feel are suitable.
For a list of our currently recruiting studies, please follow the below link to our newsletter.
- Ensure availability of clinical trials to suitable patients during each stage of treatment through regular review of our portfolio
- Forging close working relationships with sponsors to ensure we have access to all appropriate clinical trials
- Increase and support patient referrals from sites outside The Christie through production and quarterly distribution of OG trials team newsletter
Team contact details:
Please see below contact details for the OG research team:
Evelyn Dolan (RNTL) 0161 918 2325 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerry Dunn (Senior research nurse) 0161 918 7879
Kate Armitage (Clinical trial portfolio manager) 0161 918 7887
Varsha Mistry (Team secretary) 0161 446 7673
- CI site for the millennium trial which looked at investigational agent in previously treated patients with metastatic or recurrent adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction expressing guanylyl cyclase C (GCC)
- Current lead site for recruiting into the recently opened RAINFALL study
- Currently have a trial available to offer each patient through their treatment journey – adjuvant to 3rd line
- Selected as CI site for the upcoming AB14005 study which will look at evaluating the efficacy and safety of masitinib with irinotecan in patients with advanced-stage esophagogastric adenocarcinoma who have relapsed after first-line chemotherapy
- Currently building up a portfolio of squamous cancer studies