The Maguire unit has unrivalled expertise in translating policy and guidelines into the specific communication skills and communication strategies that facilitate patient centred care.
Training is available in the following areas:
- Communicating care, compassion, dignity and respect
- Working with patients’ emotions
- Establishing patients’ understanding, concerns and preferences
- Managing potentially distressing & sensitive conversations such as breaking bad news, Advanced Care Planning, Do Not Attempt Resuscitation
- Giving complex information
- Shared decision-making
- Managing conflict and enhancing working relationships
Training can be offered at advanced, intermediate and foundation levels and as short workshops focussed on specific issues. The team are also able to offer workplace mediation, coaching and supervision.